Sponsor an Animal
Did you know?
- $10 pays for a cat or kitten to be in our care for a day
- $20 pays for a microchipping procedure
- $30 pays for an animal vaccination
- $100 pays for desexing a cat
- $200 pays for desexing a dog
- $300 - $500 pays for special operations such as the amputation of damaged limbs, major dental work, or complicated eye procedures.
The average cost of animals in our care is $370 for the period of their stay.
If we have a special case that needs specific fundraising we will usually post this on our Facebook page and this website, calling out for kind donations to help a particular animal. However, it is also possible to sponsor any of the animals in our care, at any time. Therefore, if you would like your donation to go towards a particular animal that you have fallen in love with at SPCA Otago, or you would like to meet any of our hospitalised animals and financially care for them, please pop in to the Animal Centre and discuss your wishes with us. You may sponsor an animal with a one-off donation to go towards their care, or by giving a regular weekly amount until they are adopted to their forever home - the choice is entirely yours!